Showcase: Rotex BelgiumPhilipp Sander
Now presenting: Rotex Belgium!
Our committee has 6 members, not to mention the countless volunteers that lend a hand wherever needed. This year, the newly elected president is Julien Robert.
For this amazing upcoming year, we are planning several activities, including:
– The Scavenger Hunt will take place in Bruges around the whole city, which is a great deal to have fun while discovering the lovely Flemish city.
– ‘Le weekend des belges’, which is a special weekend where the exchange students get to live together in the forest far away from the cities and go kayaking on Sunday.
– Pairi Daizi, where exchange students will visit a privately well-known zoo, which owns a botanical garden and hosts over 4000 animals.
– Exotic Dinner, which is meant to make sure exchange students and locals get to try food from all over the world while enjoying each other’s company and having fun.
– Chocolate Factory – don’t miss out this opportunity to visit a typical chocolate factory to taste all the delicious and local chocolates!
– Comic Strips Museum, located in the center of Brussels. This museum shows different comics from famous authors and heroes such as ‘Tintin’ or ‘Les Schtroumpfs’ (The Smurfs).
– Mini-Europe, where inbounds will have the opportunity to visit this place known to host reproductions of monuments in the European Union.
– Océade, which is a water park known for his 14 slides, including the Hurricane (fastest from Europe) and the Barracuda, the longest duo slide in Belgium.
– Bobbejaanland, an attraction park that contains more than 50 attractions, including a waterslide, roller coasters, an air race, and the longest junior roller coaster in the world.
Furthermore, a formal ball will be organized for the Rotex members and a general assembly at the end of the year. One of our main goals is to ensure a dynamic and united Rotex, as Rotary is an open worldwide family. For Rotex members we have events organized during the whole year to strengthen cohesiveness.
Something special about us? We can be proud to say we host exchange students in the three different parts of Belgium so they get to learn three different languages : French, Flemish, or German. As long as we, Rotex members, are concerned, language is not a barrier because all of them meet in our events, which is definitely great!